Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Welcome 2016! - Challenges here we come!





Happy New Year fellow readership!

So happy to see 2016 arrive. I am not one for New Year's resolutions, but I made one this year. I definitely want to get back into the groove with this blog and get reacquainted with my fellow bloggers and readers again. 

It was a crazy 2015, and my baby boy is days from arriving. Am I being too optimistic with a new baby coming, thinking that I will have all the time in the world to get a few posts up and running? Well.... maybe! But we are lucky in Canada, that we get the option of staying home for a year, which I intend to do, and I would like to think that I will be able to devote some more time into reading and writing in 2016.

So how about some challenges to help me get started with my New Year's Resolution?

One of my favorites, and unfortunately one that I didn't do so well at last year, is Falling for YA's Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge.

Yes I want it this year, and this time, I want to reach my goal and get those reviews out! So stay tuned, as January is going to be devoted to Netgalley reviews only. I have quite a few to catch up on! I was fortunate enough to come across some very good reads, and some meh ones. I will be updating my Challenge page in the next couple of days.

If you are interested, click on the pic below to be taken to her challenge page and sign up! 

http://www.fallingforya.com/2015/12/2016-netgalley-edelweiss-reading.html


My Goal: Silver - 25 Books


On to Challenge #2! 

Here is something new that I came across one of my favorite blogs. A discussion challenge!

Soooo happy that Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction is hosting this, because I recently became very inspired to write some discussion posts this year, which is something that I have not really done on the blog, but always wanted to. I already have some ideas for posts, this being the first one of the year, so I am really excited about this! 

Interested in doing it yourself? Head on over to her blog to read the Challenge fine print and sign up! Just click on the image below to go to her challenge page to check it out.

2016-Discussion-Challenge


My Goal: 1-12 – Discussion Dabbler
 (As creative as I want to be, I have a new baby coming any day now that will keep me very busy, so I need to make this attainable.  I think this goal is doable!)


I am so tempted to find more challenges, but as a first time mom, I think I will stop while I am ahead and leave it to both of these challenges for now. But I am always open for other suggestions. I mean, who knows? I may have the best kid in the world and have lots of "me" time? Here's to hoping for that kind of miracle! LOL

What challenges are you joining this year? 

Happy reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...