Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Random Reads - April Pick!





Random Reads is hosted by I'm Loving Books, and for a reader that has a list that is way too long, this meme is perfect. It helps me to pick out a novel in the list that may be sitting there forgotten for a long while.

This meme is pretty simple. The idea is to pick one random book (or more if you are ambitious) out of your Goodreads To-Read list (or any other list you maintain using Random.org) to read within the month.
 
My March Random Read was Brood of Bones, by A. E. Marling. No review for this one... Couldn't get into it, though I gave it a fair chance. I will be featuring a short review on a future DNF post in the near future.

Again, this post comes late this month. Work schedules are not getting any less hectic, and my final exam is coming up for a course that has been keeping my personal time occupied.  But I love it too much not to continue it this month. I figure that I can at the very least fit in one book in the month, right?

So, getting to it, this is what random.org had for me this month.




https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20878454-see-through-me
The monster showed up after midnight. As they do.

But it isn't the monster Conor's been expecting. He's been expecting the one from his nightmare, the one he's had nearly every night since his mother started her treatments, the one with the darkness and the wind and the screaming...

This monster is something different, though. Something ancient, something wild. And it wants the most dangerous thing of all from Conor.

It wants the truth.
 
Found a copy at the library, and I couldn't resist a hardcover copy. It's been a while since I have read a real, live book. It's also really nicely illustrated (It's considered a children's book which I didn't realize) so that's also a cool treat.

Added this in February 2012 and have no recollection why. But excited to get into this book. Hopefully I luck out with this story. I have not been hitting any novels that have really captured my attention in the last little while.

Joining in the monthly fun? Definitely leave a link in the comments. I will pop in to see what you are randomly reading this month!

Happy reading.





1 comment:

  1. I have heard LOTS of amazing things about this book - apparently you should be prepared to cry. Hope it's good! I downloaded Brood of Bones when it was free too, but my mom read it and had a hard time getting through it, so I think I'm going to skip that one.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...