Sunday, March 9, 2014

Book Review - The Edge of Never, by J. A. Redmerski


Title: The Edge of Never
 Series:  The Edge of Never  #1
Author: J. A. Redmerski
Release Date: March 12, 2013
 

Publisher: Forever  
Source: Netgalley/Publisher

Add to Goodreads
Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett thought she knew exactly where her life was going. But after a wild night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she shocks everyone-including herself-when she decides to leave the only life she's ever known and set out on her own. Grabbing her purse and her cell phone, Camryn boards a Greyhound bus ready to find herself. Instead, she finds Andrew Parrish.

Sexy and exciting, Andrew lives life like there is no tomorrow. He persuades Camryn to do things she never thought she would and shows her how to give in to her deepest, most forbidden desires. Soon he becomes the center of her daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But there is more to Andrew than Camryn realizes. Will his secret push them inseparably together-or destroy them forever?

Purchase Links: Amazon / The Book Depository


 " The heart always wins out over the mind,
The heart, although reckless and suicidal
and masochist all on its own,
always gets its way.
The mind may be what's best, 
but I don't give a shit what my mind 
is telling me anymore.
Right now, I want to live in the moment. "

Camryn Bennett is tired of faking it.

Tired of trying to be someone she is not. 

She is restless, disillusioned and feeling unfulfilled. 

And then one day, she packs a small bag and gets on a bus. Destination - wherever.  

What she doesn't know is that on this bus she will meet the man that will steal her heart, and show her how beautiful life can really be.


"I think if past lives are real then we have been lovers in every single one of them."

This novel really grabbed a hold of my heart and pulled at its strings. This was a powerful love story.

Slow and relaxed in its pace, the characters of Camryn and Andrew are so intricately developed that they truly do come alive in your mind.

J. A. Redmerski explored some difficult emotions in this novel in such a believable way, that she had me laughing, smiling, and crying along with them both as I followed along on their incredible journey.  

And it was a wonderful journey...

A journey of self discovery and awakening to the beauty around you, if only you take a moment to stop and look.  Heavy hearts lightened, and love blossomed and grew. 

The book was wrapped up satisfactorily for me in the end. No cliffhangers, no unanswered or unresolved questions. Frankly, I didn't even realize this was part of a series, and I would be just fine not picking up the second novel. Usually I don't mean this as a compliment to a writer, but in this case, I do. I want to continue the series, not because I need answers, or there was a cliffhanger, but because the author made me fall in love with these two.

It's as simple as that.

Highly recommend this novel for contemporary young adult fans. 

Thank you publisher and Netgalley for the opportunity to read this novel for an honest review.




About this Author

Born November 25, 1975, J.A. (Jessica Ann) Redmerski is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. She lives in North Little Rock, Arkansas with her three children and a Maltese. She is a lover of television and books that push boundaries and is a huge fan of AMC’s The Walking Dead.

Author Links: Goodreads / Website / Twitter

4 comments:

  1. I won this book awhile back, but haven't gotten to it yet. Now I really want to read it soon!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was wonderful... PS... the sex scenes are quite spicy... (clears throat). Just fyi

      LOL

      Lily

      Delete
  2. This was one of my favorite reads of 2013! I absolutely loved it. :)

    -Holly @ Part of that World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly! I didn't anticipate that this novel would be so touching. But it has stayed with me and probably will for a while.

      Lily

      Delete

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...