Friday, January 3, 2014

Random Reads - January 2014 Pick!





Random Reads is hosted by I'm Loving Books, and for a reader that has a list that is way too long, this meme is perfect. It helps me to pick out a novel in the list that may be sitting there forgotten for a long while.

This meme is pretty simple. The idea is to pick one random book (or more if you are ambitious) out of your Goodreads To-Read list (or any other list you maintain using Random.org) to read within the month.
 
My December Random Read was In the Window Room, by Steven J. Carroll . You can read the review by clicking on the book link above. It was definitely not my most favorite read of 2013, or my favorite random pick novel either. But it's one more off the list. You win some, you lose some.

So what am I looking forward to this January?



After a nightmarish encounter with a werewolf, seventeen-year-old Adria Dawson loses her sister, but gains the love of a mysterious young man and his legendary family. Strange and tragic things begin to happen in the small town of Hallowell, Maine: residents come down with an unexplainable 'illness' and some disappear. In the midst of everything, Isaac Mayfair is adamant about keeping Adria safe, even from her sister whom he has warned her to stay away from. As unspeakable secrets unfold all around Adria, impossible choices become hers to bear. Ultimately, no matter what path she takes, her life and the lives of those she loves will be in peril. As she learns about the werewolf world she also learns why her place in it will change the destinies of many.
Purchase Link: Amazon

I had completely forgotten about this novel. It was a recommendation to me on Goodreads.com and I purchased a copy from Amazon in March of 2012 with full intentions of reading it asap! But it ended up lying forgotten in my Kindle as so many of the books in my wish list. Which is why I LOVE this meme!!!!

If you are joining in the meme this month please feel free to leave your link in the comments. I will be sure to pop in to see what random read you got for the month!

Happy Reading everyone!





 

2 comments:

  1. I've owned this one for awhile now, too! I absolutely loved The Edge of Never, so I hope I can find time for this one. :D

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds pretty good! I haven't ever heard of it, but I'll have to check it out on Goodreads. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...