Saturday, January 18, 2014

Fifty Shades of Grey , by E.L. James

Title: Fifty Shades of Grey
Author: E L James
Publisher:
Vintage Books

Date Published: May 25th 2011 
Genre: Erotic Romance
When literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to realize she wants this man and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms.

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey’s singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success—his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving family—Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian Grey’s secrets and explores her own dark desires.

Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.



 
All I have heard about in the book world for almost an entire year is the rants and raves about Fifty Shades of Grey.  If you know me you know that I am not the type to jump on the popularity train and read what everyone else is reading. (ie. Twillight, Harry Potter) I usually try to steer clear of those books.  I also am not really into the BDSM thing. I thought Fifty Shades of Grey was going to be a hardcore BDSM book.  A book only someone who enjoyed reading about whips and chains would like.  



After discovering that I have never been more wrong, I was slightly ashamed. It shouldn't have taken me this long to read this series!  The entire series was AMAZZZZING!  Before I begin telling you all about my journey through the book I have one question to ask....  E.L. James, what have you done to me??!  I am obsessed!  I want to read it over and over again.  I have had dreams about these books.
 
I want to blab about it all....I want to give it all away!  I hate spoilers though, so no worries...you can read this without spoiling anything.  Though you will definitely hear all about the entire series, right now I will focus on the first book, Fifty Shades of Grey.  

Admittedly the story starts off a little bit slow.  We meet Anastasia Steele and her roommate Kate.  Then we pretty much follow Ana around while she goes about her day as normal.  Boring normal activities.  Why continue reading you ask?  Well...it didn't take very long to pick up...and when it did pick up....it was fast paced and SO hard to put down.

I immediately liked Ana....I immediately HATED Christian.  What a pompous, arrogant, asshole!!!  I thought this about Christian until about half way through the book.  Then he started to show a side of him that even he didn't know existed.  I could tell he was completely and totally in love with Ana....but would he ever know it?  Would she ever know it? Would she ever hear those words come out of his mouth?  He is damaged goods!  Surely there is no way that he could possibly love another person.


The one thing that got quite annoying was Ana's inner goddess dialogue.  Usually I like knowing what the character is thinking or feeling...but the inner goddess part....just those words alone...just threw me off.  

It was more than just hardcore crazy sex...it was romantic, it was so sexy, it was even smart.  It was such a well rounded book.  

If you have been avoiding Fifty Shades of Grey I highly suggest you pick it up as soon as possible!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...