Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Lily's Review of The Burning Bush, by Kenya Wright


The Burning Bush (Habitat, #2)

After Dante Bottelli’s slaughter of Vamp-owned Mixbreeds, Lanore and Zulu execute a well-planned attack that hits Dante where it hurts the most—his pockets. But their attack triggers a chain of unfortunate events, and allows Detective Rivera to blackmail Lanore.

Rivera forces Lanore to investigate his case, the Burning Bush Murders. Someone's been tying girls to bushes and setting them on fire. Lanore must find the killer, or Rivera goes public with his information.

Meanwhile, Dante won't take his defeat without a fight. He counterattacks and the Santeria habitat, as well as Lanore’s and Zulu’s lives, are changed forever.

Published September 19th 2012 by Dragonfairy Press

My Rating:



Review:

Wow! Second 5 star review in less than 2 weeks! Guess I am just one lucky reader to have hit the jackpot with yet another fantastic story.

If you have not yet read 'Fire Baptized' by Kenya Wright, think twice about reading this review. I will try not to put in any spoilers, but it will be difficult not to let something slip while reviewing the second in the series.

This second installment just kicked it up a notch with a new murder mystery, that even for me, the queen of lucky accurate guessing, was a hard one to figure out without peeking ahead! (And I swear I didn't peek ahead, because it's such a pain on the Kindle to go back to where you last left off in the story).

Before I go any further, I need to share my favorite excerpt of this novel:

"And will you be living with the damn cheetah for the rest of your life?" He (Zulu) slid his fingers up my shirt and tugged at the bottom of my bra. "Will our children be calling him uncle weird-guy-that-stays-in-our-house?"

"No. They'll be calling me me Daddy." MeShack stood in the doorway.  His feline eyes concentrated on Zulu's hands.

...The room just thickened with both men's power and stubborn  testosterone.

- Location 2530/2531 of 6937 kindle version




HOLY STUTTERING HEART PALPITATIONS!

I read that passage 3 or 4 times.  Not that I condone two super sexy, masculine, chiseled testosterone filled guys wanting to kill each other over Lanore...

I would just prefer it if they were fighting over me instead!!

HAHA Hey... Deep down how many of you girls would disagree? Don't lie. It's kinda hot.. K, it's incredibly hot. Though I can understand Lanore's frustration when they try to destroy each other, it's still hot.

Ok moving on! I'm getting all hot and bothered thinking about Zulu and MeShack over here!

Our awesome heroine, Lanore, finds herself being blackmailed by our most favorite habbie asshole, Rivera, to help him solve a couple of strange murders so that he can get himself a promotion when he takes all the credit. Once again she finds herself in the middle of a mystery, but thankfully she is not the target in this one, though there are other subplots with our creepy vampire, Dante, happening at the same time.  So off she goes to try to investigate the 'Burning Bush' murders, so called because both victims were suspended by magic inside a bushy plant surrounded by a magic fire that was more for effect than to actually burn anything.  In the midst of the investigation, she is also dealing with the continuing battle between the rebels and MFE and the vampires, and trying to keep the two men she cares about from ripping each other to pieces.

Could this series get any better? Well, I only have 5 stars to give, but I can sing endless praises if Kenya Wright can surpass how fun, sad, exciting and completely action packed this novel was.

Oh... and she ended it with my most worst pet peeves... I hate it when lives hang in the balance and you have to wait FOREVER to find out what happened!!! ARGH. So not cool. She better be writing the third one FAST!

If you haven't checked this series out, and you like Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Thrillers, etc GO.. pick... this... up...  The first novel in the series, Fire Baptized, was only 2.99 on Amazon the last time I checked.

Purchase Links:


About the author:
(pic & bio from Goodreads.com)

Kenya Wright always knew she would be famous since the ripe old age of six when she sang the Michael Jackson thriller song in her bathroom mirror. She has tried her hand at many things from enlisting in the Navy for six years as a Persian-Farsi linguist to being a nude model at an art university.

However, writing has been the only constant love in her life. Will she succeed? Of course.

For she has been coined The Urban Fantasy Queen, the Super Iconic Writer of this Age, The Lyrical Genius of Our Generation. Granted, these are all terms coined by her, within the private walls of her bathroom as she still sings the Michael Jackson thriller song.

Kenya Wright currently resides in Miami with her three amazing, overactive children, a supportive, gorgeous husband, and three cool black cats that refuse to stop sleeping on Kenya’s head at night.








3 comments:

  1. Loved this! You made me want to read these all over again. I was blown away by them. Thanks for sharing! I'm with you about these! MeShack and Zulu are so yummy:) Still don't know who I want Lanore to be with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It's so hard to choose the best warrior of this duo in this love triangle. I can't wait to read how this all pans out.

      Delete
    2. Kenya can't write fast enough!!!

      Delete

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...