Saturday, October 13, 2012

Erin`s Review of Reflection of Secrets, by Reyna Hawk


Janie had high hopes of getting her life on the right path and freedom from the Petrilo Crime Family, but more tragedies and startling revelations send her plans right out the window. Janie's past trouble and sadness lurk back from the shadows. The beautiful life Janie has come to love takes a turn leading her right back to where she started in the clutches of the Petrilos. Will Janie survive another go around with the organized crime family?

I received this novel by the author for an honest review.  After reading the first book in the series I couldn`t say no!  See our dual review for the first book `Looking through Blind Eyes` here!

Well...let me explain my rating right away because as I go on in this review you are going to be confused as to why I didn't rate this one higher...I have to say my rating is a 3.5 out of 5.  I really liked it, and the only reason I didn't give it a 4 is because I was SOOOOO confused towards the end...


The storyline was great, it was action packed and kept me on my toes.  And of course if you have read my reviews before you know how much I enjoy character development.  You really got to know and love Janie and Malachi both as individuals and as a couple.  There was a lot more mentioned about Malachi's family and situation in this second book, and all of the relationships you have learned about really grow on you as you read on...or at least you think it does....

This is where it changes and gets really confusing, the story shifts and changes completely out of nowhere.  I don't think I missed something as I was so wrapped up in the story.  

I am thinking the author did this on purpose...because I couldn't stop reading at the end...I put this book down and had to immediately continue on with the third installment in this series.  Definitely a way to keep your readers interested in what is going to happen.  

I really hope that the third book 'Shattered Visions, Haunted Memories' helps to clear up some of this confusion, and wraps the story of Janie's life up nicely.

I do highly recommend reading this series, but definitely do so from the first book. 

Purchase Links:


 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Erin! I love reading your reviews and believe any confusion you had will be made clear in book three. Thanks again so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly was cleared up! I am so sad the series is over! :(

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...