Thursday, October 25, 2012

Erin's Itty Bitty Review of What Alice Saw, by Bridget Squires


A tale of domestic abuse and the result of a woman pushed too far seen through the eyes of a child. The story is for all those women out there who are suffering and feel as if they may break down one day. Don't, walk away before it gets to that point.

My Rating: 

This is a sad, sad book!!  I picked this book up from Smashwords because it was a quick read and when reading the synopsis I felt a bit of an emotional pull.

The story was told well, it grasped me from the very beginning.  The characters were well developed for a short story.  The author made me feel an emotional connection to the woman, and hate the man with all the hate I could possibly brew up.

Although this is technicially just a story...it saddens me to know that there are thousands of people out there who are suffering and dealing with this exact situation.  Only a lot of these people don't have the guts to do what this woman did.  She broke down and did something that she won't regret, but that likely got her in a bit of trouble.

I would highly recommend this book to any person who is suffering and being abused by anyone.  Please remember there is help for you, and you need to get out before the situation escalates and something terrible happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...