Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lily's Review of The Bridge of Deaths, by M.C.V. Egan


The Bridge of Deaths


On August 15th 1939, at the brink of World War II, an English plane crashed and sunk in Danish waters. Five deaths were reported: two Standard Oil of New Jersey employees, a German Corporate Lawyer, an English member of Parliament, and a crew member for the airline. Here is a conceivable version of the events.

Published June 13th 2011 by Authorhouse  


Lily's Rating: didn't like it it was ok (my current rating) liked it really liked it it was amazing


Review:

This book is not for everyone. This novel is geared for an audience that enjoys reading about war, specifically WW1 or WW2. I am not really part of that audience.

So why did I choose to read this novel?  Well, I had a different description of the book that added some emphasis on reincarnation, psychic experiences and regressions, and I am certainly fascinated by THAT!  But this book was not really centered on a lot of the paranormal, supernatural, psychic juiciness I was looking for. Yes, it was there in the beginning, but was a very faint part of the plot.

Unfortunately the part that would have kept me glued to the story was weak, and my attention span was limited.  I found myself yawning and struggling to keep my eyes open and read just another chapter, and another... I admit to reading a few other novels while this one was sitting on my kindle waiting for me to pick it up  again.

There is no denying that the author did a great job of weaving a fictional story surrounding this era in our past, revolving around a lot of factual documents.  And it floored me to think of the amount of time - years and years - of research in order to achieve this piece of literature.  It is admirable. Truly admirable.  I can't conceive the amount of time that went into this book. And that earned my respect, and why I did stubbornly insist on continuing this novel, even though I became pretty bored of all these same details less than half way through the book.

This is a true exploration of a lot of information in relation to that era, and events in our history. The characters were well developed, and their relationship was endearing. Their relationship to the events recounted in the book was really well woven and it was believable. The molding of fiction and non-fiction was definitely unique and quite brilliant. I would definitely recommend this book to those history fanatics out there, who love to read about this era in our history. It will be a treasure trove of information for those readers.



Purchase Links:


About the Author:

M.C.V. Egan lives in South Florida with her husband and teenage son. She is fluent in four languages; English,Spanish,French and Swedish. From a young age became determined to solve the 'mystery' of her grandfather's death, she has researched this story for almost two decades. The story has taken her to Denmark, England and unconventional world of past lives and psychics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...