Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lily's review of Damon (The Protector Series #1), by Teresa Gabelman

My Rating:
didn't like it it was ok liked it (my current rating) really liked it it was amazing       


Damon DeMasters is a vampire warrior who has taken an oath to protect his own kind as well as humans. As a social worker, Nicole Callahan fights for the right of every child placed in her care. Damon has been ordered to train Nicole and her colleagues against the dangers they now face. Even as sparks fly, Nicole and Damon depend on each other to protect the children of both races.






Originally posted on Goodreads.com:

Did this book change my life?

No

Did it make me think deeply?

Definitely No

Don’t think the author intended this to be a book to do either of those things. This is what this book was:

• HOT
• SEXY
• ACTION PACKED
• Attention grabbing right from beginning to end

A couple of things that bothered me –

• You (the author) are henceforth prohibited from using the word ‘shitkicker’ multiple times in your next book. I love the word Shitkicker. I know YOU love the word Shitkicker. But heck, you see it too often, in too close proximity to the last time you saw it, and you start to roll your eyes at the word. Even if you love it. Maybe use it twice in the next one… cause it is an awesome word.

• The belly button scene! I know that it was maybe 0.9 seconds of scene time but - BAHHHHHH that was icky!I But you made up for it in the hot scene afterwards and it took away the sting of that EWW moment. So it ALMOST didn’t bother me
.
• That’s it. That is all that bothered me. YAY!

There was a moment in the beginning where I thought… oh no… an adult Twilight. When Damon realized that he could not read Nicole’s thoughts, whereas he can with everyone else… BUT I was relieved. I didn’t feel that way after that moment.

It was a total mind escape. Enough character and plot development to keep you invested from beginning to end. High action right from the get go, as evident by how quickly I got through this book. It takes a hold of you and doesn’t let go. It was a good, delicious ride. And the next time I am in the mood for such a book, I know exactly what to pick up. That would be The Protector Series BOOK 2! Can’t wait.

** Stay tuned for our Author Spotlight this week on the very awesome Teresa Gabelman. Please join us for a Q & A as we discuss Damon, and her upcoming novels! **

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...