Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Erin's Review of The Professionals, by Owen Laukkanen


My Rating:
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)  

Four friends, recent college graduates, caught in a terrible job market, joke about turning to kidnapping to survive. And then, suddenly, it's no joke. For two years, the strategy they devise-quick, efficient, low risk-works like a charm. Until they kidnap the wrong man.

Now two groups they've very much wanted to avoid are after them-the law, in the form of veteran state investigator Kirk Stevens and hotshot young FBI agent Carla Windermere, and an organized-crime outfit looking for payback. As they all crisscross the country in deadly pursuit and a series of increasingly explosive confrontations, each of them is ultimately forced to recognize the truth: The true professionals, cop or criminal, are those who are willing to sacrifice everything.


Holy adrenaline batman! 

Owen Laukkanen’s first ever novel is one word - incredible.  A 5 star for sure!  I couldn’t put it down.  Action packed from beginning to end.  It was a knock out for sure and I can totally see a hit blockbuster coming from this one!

Once again I say that I LOVE a book that has well built characters, drama and lots of unpredictable twists and turns.  This book supplied all of this in EPIC PROPORTION!  In fact, as soon as I finished reading this I just had to pass it on to a work colleague who also enjoys reading, and she is also flying through this at rocket speed!

A mystery, thriller, and even has a romance aspect to it.  Brought through a lot of emotion from being at the edge of my seat biting my nails to feeling sad and shedding a few tears…this is a serious must read!



I certainly will be on the lookout for more of Laukkanen’s novels…and I hope he plans on writing again very soon!



1 comment:

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...