Monday, May 7, 2012

Erin's Review of Justice, by Jade Varden

My rating:
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing
A House of Cards...

When you build an entire life on a foundation of lies, it only takes one truth for the whole thing to come crashing down. I never invited the truth in. I never went searching for it. I never had any reason to suspect that the two people I loved most were dishonest with me every second of every day.

I made one bad decision, and in a single day my entire world changed. If I'm ever going to discover the truth about myself and my parents, I have to trace all the lies back to their source. I have to try to find the truth that they're hiding.

The more I discover about myself, and my past, the more I realize that lies really are better than the truth. But now that I know the lies are all around me, I can't stop until I've discovered them all. I'll pull each lie away, one by one, and examine it to see what's underneath…until this house of cards crumbles into dust at my feet.

I just hope I can survive the crash.


I was kindly asked to read and review this by the author, Jade Varden.  I am so very glad that I had the privilege to do so.

This book caught me from the very first page.  The characters were well developed, I felt emotional connection with the main character, Rain Ramey, from the get go.  She was an average girl, with a nice, 'normal' family - Dad, Mom, and brother living in an average home.  That is until one day when Rain left her average school, her friends, and her brother to go to a private school - which her family never would have been able to afford had she not gotten a scholarship.  That day....everything changed.

It is very rare for me to not be able to predict the twists and turns in a story.  This book was one in a million!  The plots twists completely caught me off guard...and I LOVED IT!  It's a little boring when you are reading a typical YA romance novel and you can predict everything from start to finish...I swear to you I could not have done that with Justice.  I felt like a detective.  The ending was great!  It was totally unpredictable.  It left you wanting to know more!



I would classify this book as a YA mystery/romance.  If you enjoy trying to figure out what going to happen in a book, who did it, and why than you wont be able to put this one down.  I sure couldn't!

Jade Varden has proved herself to be an amazing author!  I definitely recommend this book to everyone.  The next book in the series is called 'The Tower' and I cannot wait to read it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...