Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Erin's Review of The Curse Girl, by Kate Avery Ellison

My rating:
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing

When her father tries to steal magic from the mysterious, beastly master of the “Curse House” outside her home town, seventeen-year-old Beauty is the one who becomes the Beast’s prisoner.

But the Beast, Will, isn’t anything like she expected. He’s the same age as she is, for one thing. He’s also really handsome, contrary to local legend. Well, maybe the whole “beast” thing is meant to be metaphorical, because he’s a total jerk.

Between the house’s weird magic and Will’s snobby attitude, the situation is nearly unbearable, and Beauty only wants to escape. But there are complications. The witch who cursed Will left him a riddle to solve and four years to figure it out. And now that Beauty’s become a part of this messed up fairy tale, she’d better help Will figure out the riddle so they can break the curse, or she’s going to remain a prisoner in the curse house too.



Tale as old as time....


This novella  was pretty much a retelling of the classic tale 'Beauty and the Beast'.  I loved every word of it, and found it really difficult to put down.  Not to mention how much I want to see Beauty and the Beast now!

I love it when an author can make me play a book like a movie!  Something I would say makes one hell of a book!  The way Kate described the cursed house, and even more so the Fey Lands was impeccable. I could envision everything in my head.  

My emotions were drawn out from beginning to end, which to me is a requirment for a good book!  I love romantic stories!!

My only complaint is that it was too short, and the ending wrapped up too quickly. The whole story was very detailed and had a great build up where I feel the ending did not live up to the rest of the book.

Kudos to Kate for a wonderful first book!  You have made one heck of a reputation for yourself and I cannot wait to read more of your books!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I've been hearing a lot of good things about The Curse Girl, time to add it to my tbr I think. Thank you for the review! =)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...