Thursday, May 3, 2012

Erin's Review of Lover Eternal, by J.R. Ward

My rating: didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)
In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war raging between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret bound of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Possessed by a deadly beast Rhage is the most dangerous of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Within the brotherhood, Rhage is the vampire with the strongest appetites. He's the best fighter, the quickest to act on his impulses, and the most voracious lover-for inside him burns ferocious curse cast by the Scribe Virgin. Owned by this dark side, Rhage fears the time when his inner dragon is unleashed, making him a danger to everyone around him.

Mary Luce, a survivor of many hardships is unwittingly thrown into the vampire world and reliant to Rhage's protection. With a life-threatening curse of her own, Mary is not looking for love. She lost her faith in miracles years ago. But when Rhage's intense animal attraction turns into something more emotional, he knows that he must make Mary his alone. And while their enemies close in, Mary fights desperately to gain life eternal with the one she loves...

Love is a powerful thing…not just for us humans, but for our vampire friends as well….this story proves it’s amazing what love can make you do.
This second book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series is about Rhage (AKA Hollywood), the most dangerous of the brothers. 
Image taken from Fanpop, Submitted by: kctjohnson

……..Okay now that I have wiped the drool from my face I will review the book.
Rhage isn’t one to fall in love.  He is one to roam from female to female taking what he wants from them.  He was always afraid to get too close because of his curse.  That is…until he meets Mary.  Mary is not one of them…will Rhage’s brothers accept her as one of their own??  You’ll have to pick up the book to find out…
I love when a book wraps you in emotions and takes you on an emotional rollercoaster.  That to me is what makes a story go from good to FANTASTIC!  When I can feel the pain, excitement and love the characters have for one another it makes it hard to do anything else but read.  Ward does this like a pro!  The emotion in this book completely sucks you in.  Of course there are a lot of high action scenes  - it is a book about vampires after all!  However, the romantic story is what draws me in.  I could actually feel the love Rhage has for Mary as I was reading. 
Once again, Ward makes it onto my favourite list and I cannot wait to read the next one!
*We are doing a double feature on the third book in the series ‘Lover Awakened’ (Zsadists story, which I think will probably be the most interesting of them all) coming soon!  So stay tuned!*

1 comment:

  1. I love Rhage and Mary's story :D It's one of my fave in the series. Also thanks for following and I'm now following you back :D

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...